- France has 79% voter turnout at presidential elections. US: 49% tops.
- France actually has more tourists visit the country that it has people in the country.
- Oil consumption per capita per year in France: 4.25 tons. US: 8.35 tons (#1 worldwide).
- Health care spending in France is about half that spent in the US ($2288 per capita vs. $4271)
- Taxes are 45.3% of the GDP in France (29.6% in the US), but the wealthiest third contributes 67.9% of that, whereas in the US, the richest third is only contributing 6.3% of the figure.
- AND DRUMROLL: Wine consumption per capita: US 7 liters, France 47 liters!
ps. I have yet to see a beret. Golf hats seem to be popular with old men, though.
Now this is a meal! Bienvenue au l'omelette provencale, des legumes crudites, et du vin blanc.